Tuesday, September 18, 2007

my first blog ever! :)



This is my first blog and my first research with blogging and from today I learned that blogs are a trend for the younger generations and that 90% of bloggers are under the age of 30! The most popular age range for bloggers are between 13-19 years old.


Motivations for blogging include social commentary, personal journal, carefree thinking and community.

A few ethical debates concerning blogging are blogging bias, rumors and gossip, hoaxes and the effect of blogs on accuracy in mainstream media.


I also learned a few guidelines to follow by when blogging:

-Publish as fact only that which you believe to be true.
-If material exists online, link to it when you reference it.
-Publicly correct any misinformation.
-Write each entry as if it could not be changed; add to, but do not rewrite or delete, any entry.
-Disclose any conflict of interest.
-Note questionable and biased sources.



No comments: