Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Alright, I'm coming forward now to admit that I have no idea what blogging is. I mainly use the internet to check email, classes, etc... so this is all new. So I figured I would start out my blog exploring what blogging is and what one does with a blog.


One can pretty much blog on anything they desire.
  • There are various types of blogs, and the way the content is delivered differs.
Here are a few types I discovered:
  • Genre:
  • Media:
  • By device:
    • Blogs can also be defined by which type of device was used to compose it. A blog written by a mobile device such as a cellular telephone or PDA is called a moblog.
  • Private:
    • A blog can also be private, with a business purpose. These are either used to help the communication of a corporation or externally for marketing.
There, of course, are many other types of blogs out there, for example, if you just google 'blogs', 447,000,000 links to websites appear (if you try it now, you may even discover more links!). It is incredible the amount of information, however personal or impersonal the information is, its out there. Welcome to the fantastic world wide web... where you can discover and educate yourself on pretty much anything and everything.

No comments: